Love starts at the fifth tick of the second hand, notice it after five days, develops in five months and expires in five years. tolerable number of strikes.., five. Tolerable number of mistakes.., five it's THE RULE OF FIFTHS.

the Escape


beep beep..
the message alert tone woke me up
i fished my phone with my eyes closed, beside my pillow. . .
i read the message with my eyes half opened.
it says. . .
"..
good morning love life ko, ready ka na?
..."


this message sent on the second day of the first month of the year, a decade after millennium, twenty-three after eight was the signal of the breakout.

i wasn't that ready yet, but my heart told me i was... and in deed, i was.

our flight was scheduled beforehand on four in the afternoon but due to unpredictable circumstances, it was moved earlier by thirty after twelve...

i was in a boat of blue as i prepare myself for the flight. My hands were shaking,,, my lips shivered. i cant look into the eyes of my mom as she asked why am i too early to get back. she thought all along i'm going for school activity.

i packed my bags. i was off home by thirty after nine. i didn't look back nor waved goodbye. my eyes hurt seeing them happy and secured with my lies...
with my lies...

if they only knew...
"i'm not leaving... i just want to have a break... a break with someone who's extraordinarily special"

i arrived at the rendezvous by twenty five after two. i was late but he waited. seeing him faded my worries and doubts.
it takes to face fears to conquer it..

we took our travel.. the start of my.., his.., our sweet escape.

we lodged on a very cool place., away from the noise of people.. the noise of work.. the noise of school,. the noise of the CITY.

we stayed awake from dusk 'till dawn...
we danced under the moonlight... we gazed at the stars..

i felt the calm water by the lake.. the cool breeze that drew him to come close and let me feel his love. the coolness of the scene made me respond to the call of his heart...
I enjoyed my night with him.. i guess he did too.. NO!.. I know HE DID..

the morning had come.. twas another day.. still we lie together surrounded by each other's heed.
we took the chance to climb the stairway to heaven... but as we arrived the peak.. i realized my heaven was anywhere...
...Anywhere with him.

my escape.. the exodus out of chaos was made true because of him, my sanctuary..
i was too scared to take the step away from my comfort zone.. yet he made me realize that it takes some bad for satisfaction...it takes to risk to find happiness...

he held my hand with his. he stared at me.he never talked but i understood his looks saying "i wanna hold your hand as we walk downstairs" . Before we took a step down, he paused and smiled, looked at me again. he drew his face next to mine. he was about to kiss me when i fully opened my eyes and reread the message. it said

"good morning.. musta tulog?"
i smiled and fixed my bed up.

3 comments:

kiraSue said...

wahehehe.. a dream after dreaming. . .ting..

a split-second aspiration..
etchozera ahh hahaha

Sancha of Aragon said...

nice one jing....be yourself...love it..hahaha

Kiyuki MeiLi Chizuko said...

C'mon, you did it again! You're one cool short story writer!now i'm really expecting for a more fiery and obsessive romantic story..and I know it's already on the making..